About Floyd project
Floyd is a collection of 3D libraries, mathematics and scene libraries and
utilities, the most visible of these a scene builder and character poser
Khayyam. The up-to-date information can be found in development blog:
There is also a facebook page (mostly links to blog):
2010/02/14 snapshot release
A snapshot release can be downloaded from sourceforge page
At moment the actively developed components are the following:
- A collection of C++ 3D math classes and utilities.
- A lighweight DOM tree for holding internal untyped document structure. It implements basic mutation listeners
and transaction logging for undo/redo.
- An OpenGL 3D engine.
- A Scene graph implementation built on top of thera document backbone and using sehle for display engine.
- Scene builder and poser application.
In addition to those Floyd shares some components with Sodipodi project
- A collection low-level portability and convenience utilities for C/C++.
- Lowlevel 2D rendering engine using CPU.
- A font engine for libnr based renderers.
- A collection of Gtk+ utility widgets.
Former components (not maintained anymore):
- 3D math library implemented in C/C++.
- 3D scene graph library written in C, using GtkObjects.
- 3D Scene graph library written in C++.
- Some incomplete minigames written with libfloyd.
- VRML viewr written with libfloyd.